Striking from the sea, most often from the dark, the army and naval Commandos caused great apprehension to German sentries and garrisons all over occupied Europe in their daring hit and run raids. The brainchild of Winston Churchill himself who had seen the damage Boer commandos could do to a static defensive force at first hand.
This elite force (volunteers all) was Britain’s only viable way of taking a land war to the all conquering German army, who had thought themselves safe from Britain’s land forces.
- Enough plastic components to make 25 British Commando miniatures
- A host of options to allow for different weapon configurations and command models
- Weapons included:
- Lee Enfield rifle No. 4 (plus scoped and bayoneted versions)
- Bren light machine gun
- Thompson sub-machine gun
- 2″ mortar
- Sten gun sub-machine guns
- Webley revolver
- Mills bomb grenades
- bandoliers and the Tommies’ trusty shovel
- Round plastic bases (25mm diameter)
- Decals Set
Models supplied unassembled and unpainted